Base WordPress Knowledge
WordPress is a free, open-source website creation platform. On a more technical level, WordPress is a content management system (CMS) written in PHP and uses the MySQL database. In layman's terms, WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blog and website builder available today.
WordPress is a great platform for creating a wide variety of sites. From blogs to e-commerce sites.
This is the collective page about WordPress, here are links to get acquainted with the system and then make your 1-10 site, plugin or theme.
- Latest WordPress: https://wordpress.org/latest.zip
- All Releases: https://wordpress.org/download/releases/
WP kernel code: https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress
Repository for WP developers: https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop
Code of all versions of WordPress: https://build.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/
Source codes of WP directory plugins: https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/
- core.trac.wordpress.org — WP kernel code is the latest version (including alpha and beta). But it is more convenient to look at github (link above).
Introduction to WordPress
- WordPress usage statistics
- Features of WordPress
- WordPress terminology (glossary)
- WordPress Support Forum
Cheat sheet at this site.
This page is not complete and is in the process of being filled...